Anything but ordinary.
No one knows how to take care of your Volkswagen better than the experts at Dublin VW. We have the right know-how, the right tools, and the right parts to service your car correctly. Plus, regular visits to our Volkswagen Certified Technicians for maintenance will help ensure the safety and performance of your vehicle-and ultimately help it retain its value.
Real stopping power.
No matter how you drive, how fast you can stop is probably the most important safety feature in your car. Your Volkswagen brake system needs to be 100% reliable, especially in adverse conditions. That's why brakes are a top priority when performing a maintenance service job. To help ensure that you can always rely on your brake system, take it to the braking experts at Dublin VW since they know how to service the sophisticated anti-lock braking system (ABS) on all Volkswagen models.
Have your brakes and fluids looked at as part of our NO-CHARGE Multi-Point Inspection. Check your owner's manual to see how often your brake fluid needs to be changed.
Think all brakes are the same? Stop right there.
Genuine Volkswagen Brakes are designed and engineered specifically for your VW model's size, weight, and handling. Don't stop for anything less.
Genuine Volkswagen Brake Pads and Rotors:
- Retain friction even in extreme temperatures, from more than 1472°F overall, up to 7232°F in so-called hot spots, and all the way down to -58°F.
- Withstand salt, brake fluid, fuel, and much more without losing braking power.
- Are quiet and smooth, developing full performance at top speed and do not produce smoke or unpleasant burning smells.
- Offer a precise fit, meaning no need for remodeling or adjustment-saving you time and money, and eliminating fault sources.
Don't stop with the hardware.
Replacing brake pads and rotors alone will not ensure optimum deceleration. Old brake fluid can also be a problem. That's when the water content in the brake fluid starts to reach dangerous levels, reducing its ability to transfer hydraulic pressure and causing the feared "step into nothing" effect.
Genuine Volkswagen Brake Fluid, such as VW Standard 501 14:
- Complies with Volkswagen standards.
- Helps to optimize the quality, function, and economy of the brake system.
- Improves viscosity at low temperatures and guarantees a better performance at temperatures between 32°F and 104°F.
- Has a higher wet boiling point, which leads to greater operating safety with a water proportion of 4%.
The new standard for brake fluids represents optimum quality for the brake systems of all Volkswagen vehicles, both current and prior model year vehicles. It can be mixed with fluid already in the vehicles and can therefore be used for topping off.
Wheel yourself in.
If you think about it, your tires are responsible for keeping you connected to the road. That's a pretty big deal. So, to make sure your tires haven't lost their grip, bring your car to an authorized Volkswagen Service Center for closer inspection. They'll check your tread pattern, your sidewalls, and your tire pressure. Rotations to replacements, count on your Volkswagen Certified Technicians for all your tire service needs.
Volkswagen tires are specially matched to your vehicle model's specific handling and performance requirements.
When replacing tires, remember:
- An improper or mismatched tire can contribute to a serious accident.
- Mixing tire types can reduce their grip on the road and lead to less control.
- Buy the size and type of tires specified by Volkswagen and recommended by your service dealer.
When is it time to replace your tires?
The original tires on your Volkswagen have built-in wear indicators evenly spaced around the circumference of the tire. When the tread on a tire is worn down to 2/32 of an inch, the tread wear indicator will appear, telling you it's time to visit our VW Service Center to replace that tire.
- Another effective way to check a tire is to use a penny. Put the president's head in one of the treads. If part of his head is covered, you're okay. If you can see all of the president's head, it's time to replace that tire.
- A worn tire can cause your vehicle to skid and hydroplane.
- A tire showing cuts, bald spots, or other damage, may lead to tire failure and loss of vehicle control.
Keep it all aligned.
Why is it important to make sure your wheels are perpendicular to the ground and parallel to each other? The safety of driver and passengers, first and foremost. But the benefits go beyond helping make sure you have a safe ride.
- Wheel alignment should be checked when you get a new set of tires, after a collision, or whenever any repairs or service is done to suspension or steering components.
- Other indicators that you should check alignment are that your vehicle pulls to the left or to the right when driving straight on level roads, or your tires are unevenly worn.
- Getting regular wheel alignments (every 6,000 miles or 6 months) can help minimize tire wear, enhance handling, increase fuel efficiency, and improve driver safety.
Crank it up all year long.
Unlike any other battery on the market, Genuine Volkswagen Batteries meet the stringent requirements of your VW. A Volkswagen battery is engineered to provide more reserve capacity (or amp hours) to satisfy the electronic demands of today's European-engineered cars. In addition to coming in a full range of power ratings, each battery is competitively priced and backed by a limited warranty.*
Extreme temperatures are tough on batteries. Have your technician check the condition of your battery before those hot and cold months. If your battery requires replacement, you'll be glad you did.
Summer isn't fun for batteries.
Did you know there's water in your battery?
- Extreme heat can make it evaporate more quickly. When the water level gets too low, heat can destroy your battery cells. If this happens, your battery will require replacement.
- Heat can affect how long it takes a battery to recharge.
- High temperatures can make your battery work harder, shortening its life.
- Extreme heat can drain your battery faster-especially if you run a lot of electronics, like a DVD player.
- Summer heat causes metal to expand, which can loosen your battery connections.
Are your wipers wiped out?
For improved safety and windshield visibility when rain, sleet, or snow are in the forecast, trust the brand of wipers that will always help you see things through.
Genuine Volkswagen Wiper Blades are:
- Designed to perfectly fit the curvature of Volkswagen windshields.
- Engineered for superior wiping quality and long-lasting performance.
- Made of a specially blended rubber compound that resists heat, road chemicals, and ultraviolet rays.
- Quiet and efficient with improved wear resistance, reduced streaking, and less blade chatter.
Wiper blades should be checked every 10,000 miles. See your Service Consultant for wiper blades that are just right for your car.
Here's a breath of fresh air.
The road ahead holds exciting adventures-but the air above it is typically filled with dust, pollen, dirt, and debris. And if your pollen filters aren't functioning properly, those pollutants end up in your vehicle's interior, causing fogged windows, odors, and bacteria buildup. They can also contribute to accidents, as even a single sneeze results in a few moments of "blind" driving.
Genuine Volkswagen Pollen Filters:
- Are engineered to filter out 99% of particles down to 0.5 microns
- Help ensure fresher air within the cabin, regardless of season or geographic location
- Help protect your vehicle's air conditioning unit
- Help you keep your eyes on the road-and see it more clearly through your windshield
Check your pollen filters if you notice odd odors or the window and windshield interiors appear unclean. Refer to your owner's manual to see when your VW needs a pollen filter replacement.
A clean engine is a long-lasting engine.
Think of your Volkswagen engine's air filter as a shield that helps keep out dust and other particles, and you can easily see why it's important to have a clean, high-quality, perfectly fitting air filter in place at all times. That's because any dust particles that get through can generate abrasion, in a similar way to a sand blaster, and can badly damage inlet valves, piston rings, cylinder walls, and main bearings.
Genuine Volkswagen Air Filters:
- Filter out even the tiniest dirt particles down to 10 microns.
- Are specifically matched to the needs of each individual type of engine.
- Comply with the stringent requirements of DIN standards (e.g. combustion behavior).
- Are exactly matched to the relevant filter housing for an optimum seal.
- Can help save you money by helping ensure optimum fuel consumption and a longer life of your engine.
Check your air filter if you notice your engine is not running smooth, including uneven running and increased idling speeds. Refer to your owner's manual to see when air filter replacement is needed on your VW.
Peace of mind for the road ahead.
Bring your vehicle in for a Multi-Point Inspection at NO CHARGE. From inspecting belts and hoses to checking tire pressure and battery terminals, our Volkswagen Certified Technicians will make sure your Volkswagen is in great shape.
|A NO-CHARGE Multi-Point Inspection includes, but is not limited to:|
|Carpets, Floor Fats, and Mirrors||Headlights, Hazards, Side, and Tail Lamps|
|Windshield Condition||Engine Air Filter|
|Wiper Blades||Fluid Levels|
|Battery Terminal and Cables||Pollen Filter|
|Engine Drive Belts||Exhaust System|
|Engine Hoses||Front and Rear Brakes|
|Shocks and Struts||CV Boots and Joints|
|Tire Wear and Tread|